aluttke@homeoftheshamrocks.org

aluttke@homeoftheshamrocks.org

Together, inspiring students to think, learn, achieve and care in a global community.

Friday, October 2, 2015

English 11 week of October 5

Monday - PSAT information with Mrs. Williams

New unit: Reading Strategies

Unit will include the learning goals:

1. I can determine reading strategies that will help me comprehend difficult.
2. I can recognize the difference between denotative meaning and connotative meaning.
3. I can determine author's point of view and explain the purpose for writing the text.
4. I can participate in a discussion by posing questions that connect the ideas of several speakers, responding to questions, and elaborating on my own ideas and/or the ideas of others to ensure a full range of positions on the topic or issue.


Tuesday/Wednesday - Memoir final draft returned - students may revise and resubmit. Pretest for Reading Strategies Unit. Hyphen/dashes review. Subject/verb agreement

Thursday/Friday - Learning goal for Speaking and Listening. Review of pretest data. New groups assigned - discussion on what need to learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment