aluttke@homeoftheshamrocks.org

aluttke@homeoftheshamrocks.org

Together, inspiring students to think, learn, achieve and care in a global community.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Example for memoir: Someone who influenced you

Homework: Memoir writing (150-250 words) Write about someone who influenced your life in some important way. Show that person in action.


     Joseph, my grandfather, had a soft step for such a big man; especially, when we were in the woods. The woods were always the place we went to when I was young. Grandfather would show me the tracks of different animals. He pointed out which trees were sassafras and the delicious drinks that could be made from the leaves. He was the first to take me to see the sap run from the maple trees in the spring, and had me close my eyes when I first tasted maple candy.

     I admired his passion for the outdoors. I felt proud of Grandfather as he stood in front of a group of students teaching hunter safety. He would stress the importance of being aware of your firearm at all times, and he would display broken or discarded shotguns and rifles that were mismanaged by others in the past. So many students are better for their understanding of hunter safety. I am better for having such a grandfather in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment